Thursday, March 18, 2010

Way too long!

It has been way too long and there is a lot to cover so get a snack and a comfy spot to settle into. Here we go.

So since I last posted Elizabeth has changed so much! So let's see, where to begin? Well to get the negative out of the way Elizabeth decided to scare us really bad in December. She started puking and screaming her head off so bad that we called the Dr and they said to take her to the hospital. After many tear filled hours at the hospital and many tests later the outcome was pyloric stynosis. The valve in between the stomach and the intestine was too big to let food through so it got pushed back up. We had to follow up with the Dr just to be sure and so we did the following Monday. Well we again got sent to Children's Mercy to have an ultrasound to be sure it was this and talk to the surgeon to see what would happen during surgery. Yes I said my baby would have to go into surgery. Went to the hospital got the ultrasound and oh it looks good your baby doesn't have what we were looking for. Wait what?! No she doesn't have pyloric stynosis she just has really bad reflux. Uh are you kidding me??!! Ugh that was not scary, nerve wracking, or annoying at all. So yes after that "Dr." told us our daughter needed surgery or she would die (yes like that) we fired him and now have a great pediatrician who actually speaks to us not at us and explains what he is doing and what is going on with my baby. Scary second month for sure.


So since she did have acid reflux we had to start giving her medicine which I hate and I also had to feed her in a sitting up position and keep her up over my shoulder for 20 minutes after each feeding. This made for no sleep for momma. Literally Elizabeth was waking up every hour to two hours eating for 20 minutes and laying over my shoulder for 20 minutes so I got to take nice 30 minute naps for sleep. Ahh how I don't miss those days. I was a Zombie for sure! We got through it and Elizabeth and I are closer for it.

So after the hospital and everything it was time for Christmas. It was really nice because just before Christmas Thomas' family and I all got together at Crown Center to take some pictures and it is the only family picture that the three of us got in front of a Christmas tree.


So if you were hoping for a Christmas card please feel free to print this picture with a caption of your choice. I am not allowed to get anything until I get the Thand You cards out that I have had in my possession since Elizabeth was one month. So if you are thinking I am being rude for not sending them no I just haven't had the time. See the baby is supposed to come after the Thank Yous have gone out not 5 weeks early. Oh to be a new mommy!

So Christmas was great but only especially because Elizabeth rolled from her back to her side and then from her side to her tummy. She didn't really mean to I don't think but it was still great. Then on January 10 she rolled from her tummy all the way over to her back. She is really trying to do more than she should be right now but that is perfectly fine with me. She is so super smart. I can still remember when she was developing. One day I could tell her vision was getting better and she could see things a bit better. She also could recognize familiar things. I did notice at one point in the end of December one day she was looking at me I noticed the moment she realized I was Mommy and she got a truly happy smile on her face that made my heart melt. Moments like these make all the tears and sleepless nights worth it. I love this little lady.

So to move things along in January she rolled over in both directions but only once each and then decided since she could do it she was done trying and didn't roll again until in February. Now it is funny because I will lay her on her back and within a minute she has rolled onto her tummy. She gets stuck and decides she doesn't want to be on her stomach anymore and she starts to get fussy. I roll her onto her back and once again she decides to get onto her tummy and the cycle begins. At the end of February we got the ok to start her on solids from the Dr. The first time we tried she did not like the rice cereal at all. The more we try the more she is getting used to it. The other day I decided to introduce peas into the mix and man was that a mistake! She had peas all over her bib, her face, and the diapers that followed were...well lets just say many baths have been given, and many surfaces have been bleached and lysoled. It's only beginning.

Here is what she thought of the rice cereal.


And the Peas!



So as of now Elizabeth is doing a lot! She has rolled over in both directions, she talks in turn as if in a conversation, she laughs in response, smiles, can sit with some support, pushes up when on her tummy, trys to get on her knees to scoot, and many many more. She also has three yes THREE teeth coming in. One is poking through a lot more than others and the other two are just kind of peeking through. Also just the other day I felt tooth number four getting ready to poke through. Elizabeth is a very happy and content baby. She likes to sit and watch what is going on and smiles and chats any chance she gets. However, when these silly teeth are causing pain this little girl can be heard down the street! Poor poor baby (and Mommy and Daddy)

Well in February our house got hit with the sickness. Elizabeth got sick I got sick Thomas sorta tried to get sick (he has the best immunity ever) and we are just now recovering and being able to be a part of society again. It has been a long road. Since getting over it we have been able to have some fun play dates, been able to go out for walks, have friends over and just be sorta normal again. So nice.

As of now Elizabeth is in somewhat of a schedule, she started a few weeks ago sleeping in her crib through the night and yes she for the most part sleeps through the night. She only wakes up about three to four times. Naps she sleeps in her crib and doesn't have to be carried around in the Moby all day which is nice for me. I must admit I do miss her when she sleeps because I loved the closeness we had when I did have to carry her.

Well that's the update to this point. This is just gibber jabber so in the next few days I will get all the pictures uploaded to the blog so the next one will be more fun than just reading. Hope everyone is well and hope you enjoy our update.

No comments: